Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 217


I am grateful for Megan.

I call her my Meganette because she's a petite thing. I've always gotten along with middle and high school girls, and I always loved my time with her. She is witty, fun, smiles easily, makes me laugh, and calls me on stuff. It wasn't until last year that I realized another tremendous virtue; she is strong. Diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, her slogan is Fight Like a Girl. Through chemo, radiation, countless trips to hospitals and doctors, she remained solid, real, and as normal as a teenage girl can be in the circumstances. She has taught me--and many others--what it means to persevere, keep faith, and look to hope. Her doctor says everything looks good, and I could feel the whole town breathe a collective sigh of relief for this precious girl.

Thank You, Lord, for my Meganette.

No comments:

Post a Comment