Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 220

I am grateful for our 30th anniversary!

Thirty years ago today I married my biggest cheerleader, my Jesus-with-skin-on, the one person who has consistently shown me patience and grace in my too-many moments (and sometimes days) of being ill-mannered, short-tempered, and unreasonable.

It was 103 degrees on the day we got married, and that's the exact same temperature we saw on a bank reader board. That's not something I wanted to repeat. We had a great day though. We saw "The Dark Knight Rises," did some grocery shopping, and met Ryan at Prospector's for dinner. We all had the all-you-can-eat prime rib, twice-baked potatoes, and salad. Then we went to Didier's for fro-yo, and they had red velvet cake just for me. =)

I am spoiled rotten to be married to a guy who is totally for me, thinks I'm all that, loves me unconditionally, is a terrific dad to our precious children, one of the hardest workers I have ever known, and whose heart is sensitive, thankful, romantic, strong, and the other half of mine.

Thank You, Lord, for 30 fabulous years.

No comments:

Post a Comment