Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 239

I am grateful for old photographs.

There's a certain romance about old pictures. The stories of the people in sepia or gray scale lie in their faces and behind their eyes. I love pictures of people I know, but even studying ones of people I don't, their expressions, position, and dress send my imagination into overdrive.

The antiquity and preservation of photos like this one of my dad shortly after entering the Air Force are treasures. He recently gave me some of each of his sisters, all of them young and smiling, and one of him. As far as I know, there are only three pictures of my dad as a child, and now I own them. I'm going to keep them in safe until I can think of how to display them.

Thank You, Lord, for these priceless heirlooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment