Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 184

I am grateful for Brianna.

This is my brother Alan's firstborn daughter. With all the traits of a firstborn child, as well as many others that are equally attractive, she is one in a bazillion, and I love that in her.

She is a runner, extremely intelligent, wise beyond her years, a devoted wife and mother of a 5 year-old and 3 year-old twins, she home schools, maintains their home while her amazing husband is on his fourth deployment to the Middle East, and manages to remain kind, loving, caring, and sane. She's a great cook, an invested daughter, and she cares enough to keep me in the loop with cards and pictures. I cannot say enough good stuff about this girl.


I had no kids when Brianna was born. I was fortunate enough to live in the same city when she was very little, so I had the privilege of going over and visiting her. It was usually at lunch time, and she would be right there in her high chair with a bowl of Campbell's vegetable soup and some saltines. That was her favorite. I gave her a bath one night and had the foresight to take along a cassette recorder so I could tape her precious voice. She has that tape now, and I will always be grateful for those memories.


She has her own little treasures now, and she knows what it means to savor the time as they grow and change and become. My prayer is that she can care for herself as well as she cares for her family. It's so common for a mom to neglect herself as she sets her priorities on the wants and needs of her children. May they enjoy a long and joyful and Christ-centered family life. Bless her this day after her 29th birthday.


Thank You, Lord, for our beautiful Brianna.

No comments:

Post a Comment