Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 210

I am grateful for My Utmost For His Highest.

I began reading this devotional book about 25 years ago. It was a gift from a friend, and I have been inspired, encouraged, challenged, questioned, and uncovered by the anointed writings of Oswald Chambers.

This is an excerpt from today's offering:

We are apt to imagine that if Jesus Christ constrains us, and we obey Him, He will lead us to great success. We must never put our dreams of success as God's purpose for us; His purpose may be exactly the opposite.

God's end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If we have a further end in view, we do not pay sufficient attention to the immediate present: if we realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious.

"The chaos of my life," I love it.

Thank You, Lord, for this marvelous book.

No comments:

Post a Comment