Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 189

I am grateful for my toes.

Sounds a little dumb, but you're never more grateful for something until it's damaged or lost. I developed an ingrown toenail last year after kicking a wall on accident. I was aiming for a box, but it was dark, and  at impact I thought I might pass out from the pain, it was that bad. And I'm not a wuss.

Anyway, I had to have half the nail removed, and then a month later, the other side of the nail started ingrowing. Yeah, nice.

Two months of regrowth later, the first side gave me the first twinge of that ingrown feeling again. When I told Kev, he informed me that he had a problem with ingrown nails when he was in high school. You never told me this until now? His dad wouldn't take him to the doctor for it, so he dealt with it his own self. He told me how, and with the help of a small collection of leftover antibiotics, a nail file, and a whole lot of prayer, I think it's working. It's a hard go, but we shall see.

Thank You, Lord, for healthy toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment