Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 63

I am grateful for red velvet frozen yogurt.

Froyo is a treat that Jylle and I enjoy after a trip to her dentist, where she gets a coupon for a free small bowl if she wears the t-shirt that advertises their business. She's usually the only one who gets something, but that all changed during our last visit.

I love red velvet cake (and Costco sells a deluxe one!), so my curiosity was piqued when I saw this flavor. I asked to sample it, and it was love at first bite. At first, it was the flavor of the cake that got me. This tastes like the actual cake. Then it spread and blossomed and became the flavor of the cake and vanilla ice cream. (We blend cake and ice cream together madly and call it a Tornado.) The level of yum spiked!

I haven't loved a food like this in a long time. That was Tuesday. I had another small bowl yesterday. Suffice to say, I'll be hiking a little longer and a little faster just to keep pace with this new obsession.

Thank You, Lord, for delicious delights.

No comments:

Post a Comment