Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 79

I am grateful for letters in the mail.

Even when I was little, I loved getting a note in the mail. It was something special just for me, something someone spent time on and saw through just for me. It made me feel special.

I have a handful of friends who will write to me spontaneously. Cheryl sends the best cards. I don't know how she does it or where she finds them, but they are usually funny and perfect. Mae writes at least once a week, and vice-versa. Tina T and I write a whole lot less than we used to, but we have our moments. Belinda will send a card, and in her beautiful handwritten font, encourage and bless me with words and the hug that pops out of the envelope. All are cherished.

Thank You, Lord, for this medium of correspondence that continues to bless me.

1 comment:

  1. I miss hand written letters. there aren't enough of them anymore. there is something so very perfect and innocent about receiving letters.

    ReplyDelete