Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 90

I am grateful for my spinning wheel.

This was a gift to my dad when he was seven. He used to visit an elderly couple in the neighborhood, help with chores and just hang out. He didn't have parents and lived in a foster home, so he probably enjoyed their role as grandparents, even if he didn't realize it. The man had only one arm and appreciated what must have been just a wee bit o'help. The lady taught him how to use a spinning wheel and gave him this one on his seventh birthday.

It was being stored at a friend's house when my dad found out I would love to have it and keep it in the family, so he gave it to me. Kev made the platform where we display it with great appreciation. This is a rather odd angle, but I wanted to show how high up it is. My cat just happened to be napping there.

Thank You, Lord, for this lovely heirloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment