Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 65

I am grateful for yarn.

I love the color, the texture, the unlimited uses for it, and the incredible creations people make with it. The softer, the better, and there are so many degrees of softness available now! When I was young, the only yarn I ever saw was the Red Heart stuff made of acrylic that pilled after only a few washings. It's a whole different world nowadays, and talented people are making some beautiful items of better, finer quality.

While I am not one of those people, I thoroughly appreciate those who are, and more power to 'em. (It's like watching an Olympic runner. I can't run, but I can sure applaud someone who can.) Jylle is enjoying crocheting, and for a while we made a trip to Michael's every week. The gladness she derived from accomplishing each item one by one was a joy to watch. We each have a container for our weaving supplies, and I never tire of the collage of color, size, and feel of them all together.

Thank You, Lord, for creating endless variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment