Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 82

I am grateful for spring bulbs.

Tuesday was the first day of spring, and it snowed. Just before that though, I spied the toppy tips of my first spring bulbs--narcissus. They were a bonus when we bought this land, a fragrant, cheery, ad welcome accent in what was otherwise an expanse of grass and weeds.

They must have been planted by some ancient homesteader as they shot up packed too closely together, all gangly and smothering one another. I broke up the clumps and replanted them in the front garden and around the border of the front yard. I love their heady fragrance, the in-your-face type. They're deer resistant as well, as are their golden cousin, the daffodil, soon to be on scene.

Thank You, Lord, for this vernal charmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment