Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 64

I am grateful for simple things.

Life can be complicated, and I deal best with small raised garden plots of thought and concern. I don't think on different levels at the same time. While the committee in my head make varying comments all at once, it's still based on the same thought.
Simple things make me happy.

I like ball bearings, maybe because they're shiny, maybe because they look exactly the same no matter how I hold them. My Kathy gave this red heart to me because she knows that heart shapes make me think of her, which causes me to pray for her. Snuggled in the little mug that Brett made when he was in high school, it's a cute little collage of simple smile-makers.

A smile, a single flower, blue ink on white paper, clear marbles, three-ingredient dinners, straightforward instructions that make sense, yes or no, sweet tea, a plant whose only need is water, bubbles, grilled cheese sammies, soap and water, A-line dresses, "Jesus Loves Me"--all these simple things and so many more are simply happy-making in a world where there is so much complication.

Thank You, Lord, for simple things for this simple girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment