Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 73

I am grateful for spring break.

Ryan is home for spring break this week, and I love it. It means a lot of one-on-one time with one of my best friends. My mama muscles flex, and I spring into action in the kitchen, mentally running through my roll-a-dex for his favorites and maybe some new ones he'd enjoy. He came in Friday night, and after running his belongings to his room, asked sheepishly, "Do you have any food? I haven't eaten much today." Do I have food--are you kidding me?! It was so great to see him slug it all down with such gusto.

We played three games of Scrabble yesterday. He won the first and last, but the week is still young, hee hee... We're going on a hike today in the brilliant sunshine, and I'll show him the different options I have for routes. After the screamer of a storm we had last night, it's delightful to see the sun again. And enjoy it with my Ryrie!

Kev and Jylle have their spring breaks in a couple of weeks, and I'll savor that time as well. I just hope we have some sunshine then too. Can't hurt to ask.

Thank You, Lord, for this precious time.

No comments:

Post a Comment