Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 122

I am grateful for salmon.

We ate a lot of fish growing up. It was mostly trout, and the spare times I had salmon, I thought it tasted just like trout, which I don't like unless it's smoked. When I visited Kev's parents for the first time, Mom made salmon for dinner. I was mortified when Kev told her I didn't like it and that she quickly made some spaghetti for me. I felt so bad! I'm one of those people who'll eat something I don't like, if I can, to save someone's feelings. You're probably like that too.

I quickly came to love salmon, having had it prepared in beautiful and delicious ways. It's so good for you, one of the best sources of omega-3. I've heard something about mercury being stored in fish fat, but I'll turn my cheek and keep on declaring it a power food!

Thank You, Lord, for salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment