Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 132

I am grateful for my Kim.

We were neighbors for seven years and each had three kids similar in age. We started walking every weekday in the summer where we shared news, problems, family issues, and generally solved the world's problems, even if no one in the world cared.

She is one of the BEST bakers I have ever known. I have never had anything she's made that I haven't wanted more of, and that goes double when she makes cookies!

We try to get together once a month for coffee to catch up and continue our penchant for solving world problems, even if now it's just our own little worlds. She is generous, thoughtful, kind, cute, funny, and full of grace and truth. We share a love of Jan Karon's Mitford books from where Cynthia is a main character. We can't "pop through the hedge" anymore, but we will always be neighbors of the heart and soul. On this, her birthday, I celebrate her life and friendship.

Thank You, Lord, for my Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment