Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 140

I am grateful for Shane Claiborne.

Never heard of this guy who looks like a hippie and writes like a philosopher until my daughter-in-law gave his book Irresistible Revolution a huge thumbs up. Just the overview of it gave me cause to weigh whether or not I was up to be convicted and challenged. Would I be willing to examine honestly where my rubber meets the road on the bottom line of what I believe and how that plays out in my life?

It was every bit as challenging as I feared. But my God is not a god of fear, and in the end, I just put one directed foot in front of the other, go where He leads, say what He says, and live as uprightly as I know how in yielded dependence and excited anticipation. Because He is anything but boring! I am thankful for the huge message of this book.

Thank You, Lord, for the life and example of this controversial child of Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment