Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 125

I am grateful for my vision.

I enjoyed 20/20 vision until college when I got my first pair of contacts. I was 19. I was disappointed, but sincerely grateful that my vision could be corrected so easily. The optometrist was thorough in seeing to it that I was well taken care of, and four pairs of trial contacts later, I was.

Despite the mess this broken world is in, there is so. much. beauty to behold. I can see the faces of the people who mean everything to me. I have a lovely, peaceful view out my backyard. God's imagination and brilliance I see in plants and animals. I've seen a full moon over the ocean in Hawaii, colorful open markets in the Philippines, the loveliness and geometry of a dandelion in seed, movies, art, books, games, and I can drive! There's just so much to see!

Thank You, Lord, for this sense that I never want to take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment