Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 149

I am grateful for Memorial Day.

My dad had a career in the Air Force. My older brother served for four years. My younger brother was in the Army for four years as well. My oldest son is currently a 1st Lieutenant in the Air Force. Service to our country runs in my family. My niece is married to a an Army sergeant who's in Afghanistan, his fourth deployment. We are thankful every single day that we have been spared the ultimate sacrifice anyone makes for such service.

This is an Air Force major who's at the grave of her son in Arlington who was 19 when he was killed in Iraq. Brett will be deployed later this year, flying cargo or medical evac planes. This photo touches me to the core.

Thank You, Lord, for the men and women who've lost their lives protecting the freedom we so easily take for granted. Hold their families tenderly, and thank them for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment