Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 143

I am grateful for Blue Like Jazz.


A friend loaned this book to me a few years ago during what was probably the heaviest buzz about it until now with the movie coming out. It was so novel to me, his bio about being a Christian and attending Reed College, a decidedly liberal school. His experience in the confession booth was powerful and thought-provoking. How healing confession and apology would be if we would  take that to the world instead of finger-pointing, protests, in-fighting, and exclusion...

I'm interested to see how closely the movie sticks to the book. I hear there's some controversy over it. Questioning the status quo always is. The actor who plays Miller doesn't look anything like him, but I hope he does a good job.

Thank You, Lord, for this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment