Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 129

I am grateful for perennials.

When spring arrives and storefronts spill over with plants in all heights and widths and colors, I think of my perennials and give thanks. I get overwhelmed easily with too many choices, plus I'm not a gifted gardener. I know to water, weed, and fertilize when necessary, but that's about it. I have to look up how to prune and separate, but I'm okay with that. I'm just thankful for the plants that come up all by themselves year after year--bulbs first and then the other flowering decorations. Lilies of the valley bow lovely in one bed, coreopsis, sedum, phlox, and lavender in another, columbine, peonies, and brown-eyed Susans in their seasons for me to enjoy from the front porch swing. Gifts, all.

Thank You, Lord, for these seasonal bouquets.

No comments:

Post a Comment