Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 130

I am grateful for Louisa May Alcott.

I read Good Wives last month, which is the sequel, but with which I have issues because there's a whole lot that's similar to the first novel and doesn't pick up where the former left off. Anywho, I followed that with Little Men, which was every bit as enjoyable as its counterpart. I'm almost finished now with Jo's Boys, and it's almost as good as its predecessors.

I find these works of Alcott's to be interesting, thoughtful, quaint, upright, and moral. I can see how building up women and women's rights in her day was edgy and risky, and hindsight is fun as I see how she tried to challenge her readers' positions and cause them to question the status quo. All wrapped up in stories of mischief, whimsy, romance, and the priceless gift of a good heart.

Thank You, Lord, for this author and the legacy of her gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment