Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 126

I am grateful for Beth Moore.

I'm fairly skeptical of people who become popular so quickly. I resisted seminars, studies, and press about Beth Moore because I didn't want to be part of the fad. The more I heard her name, the less interested I was in her ministry.

Then I caved and joined a study at church when Jylle said she wanted to go to it with me. It was called "Breaking Free," and I loved it! They put the DVD in, and she had me from the get-go. Besides the content of the workbook being solid and sensitive, her words have counseled, blessed, educated, edified, and entertained me. She makes me feel like she's coming alongside and going through it with me, like she's cheering me on as a friend who truly cares.

I hope to be involved in another of her studies when the time is right. In the meantime, I can catch her online and review the material from the last study. It never gets old.

Thank You, Lord, for ministering in and through this lovely child of Yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment