Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 137

I am grateful for the sense of touch.

Hugs, holding hands, scratching my horse, petting my dogs, stroking my cat, palpating muscles for knots, massaging my daughter's sore shoulders, brushing the downy feathers of a spring chick--make me thankful for the sense of touch. It is my most visceral sense, capable of evoking great pain or great happiness.

Embracing one of my kids after a prolonged absence is one of my profoundest joys. My cheek rests against his, my arms press into his strong back, and I drink in his nearness. In my heart, a part of him will always be my little one.

Someday I will have a new body, glorified and perfect. As much goodness as this one can experience, I can't imagine what potential that one holds. Someday, I will be held and hugged by Jesus...

Thank You, Lord, for this incredible sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment