Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 280

I am grateful for an empty nest.

I tend to dwell on loss and regret, so it's a struggle to be optimistic and marinate in the positive. I have been grieving the loss of the most wonder-full time of my life. We have worked ourselves out of a job, and there will never be a time when one of our kids lives here with us as a child growing up. I know things are as they should be. We wouldn't really have it any other way. They have gone out into the world in a healthy and proper way. Still though, I grieve. Jylle leaving marks the end of something I have loved doing with all my heart and soul, probably the best thing I will ever do in this life. I'm not underestimating God, just weighing the value of pouring into three precious, priceless treasures.

Childhood was chapter one. Being a wife and mom was chapter two. Now dawns chapter three, and we're back to where we started, just the two of us. I'm looking forward to seeing what we'll mellow into. We'll probably establish some kind of routine, something we started doing this summer when Jylle would be at camp all week and back home on the weekends. We've talked about going out to dinner and movies more often, taking mini-vacations, traveling a little and seeing parts of the state we've never visited. Having something to look forward to keeps me sane. We are living the life we hoped for and anticipated those 30 years ago. We are growing old together. And how I love the heart and hands of the one I share this blessed nest with...

Thank You, Lord, for this new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment