Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 302

I am grateful for Carol Burnett.

I watched her show growing up, and I loved it. I loved the variety, the talent, the humor, and her humble manner. She was always funny in the Q&A part of the show, and I watched down to the tugging of her ear at the very end as a nod to her grandma. It was good, clean, fun stuff.

I just finished her audio book, which she narrates herself. It's called This Time Together, and it's a collection of memorable stories from her life. Most of it was funny, some of it was touching, and all of it was interesting. Definitely worth your time if you're at all into autobiographies. She's one of those G-rated comediennes who makes you laugh often at her own expense, a class act all the way. It's appropriate that I would honor someone my mom admired on this, my mom's birthday. *tug*

Thank You, Lord, for this marvelous lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment