Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 281

I am grateful for cotton candy.

I usually only have it once a year when we go to one fair or another. It's almost like paying for sweet air--it's there, and then it's gone. Having inherited a sweet tooth the size of Canada from my dad, I have loved cotton candy all my life, never outgrew it. I remember doing the puppy head tilt thing whenever friends would say "it's just too sweet." It's sugar--heck yeah, it's sweet! It's delightful! It's deluxe! It's perfection! I want another one!

Cotton candy reminds me to enjoy the present moment. As a kid, I tried to save some for the next day. I was shocked and disappointed to find a small glob slightly glistening with pink dewdrops all shrunk and pathetic in its formerly well-fitting plastic bag. Enjoy it while it's there in front of you. Enjoy right now.

Thank You, Lord, for simple pleasure and life lessons in sweetness-on-a-stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment