Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 301

I am grateful for Broadway musicals.

I have loved musicals since I was a kid. I think I watched South Pacific five times before I was twelve. My enjoyment was limited to TV and movies until I was about 30. A woman at our church couldn't go to "Les Miserables" at the Opera House with the group that had arranged to attend, so she gave me her ticket.

We sat in the middle of the very back row in the nosebleed section. I didn't care. I didn't even notice. I was spellbound from the opening note. I hated that I had to go to the bathroom at intermission because I didn't want to miss anything. Seeing, hearing, experiencing this live changed something in my DNA. Or something. I was mesmerized by the sights, sounds, plot, and emotions.

I've had the privilege of going to other musical productions, but there's always something innocent, something forever special about your first love. Jylle and I hope to see "Phantom of the Opera" together someday. Maybe that will be her first, and she'll know what I mean.

Thank You, Lord, for this extraordinary entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment