Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11


I am grateful for music.

Music is as varied as plant life and as full of purpose. There is something for every one of my multiplied moods, and I love how it can inspire, soothe, encourage, motivate, entertain, and simply please. There's something playing almost all the time in my house. When Jylle's home, it's pretty much nonstop, and we'll often have two computers streaming music in two different rooms. It is a necessity to my soul, and I'd wither without it.

As an aside, have you ever turned the sound off when you're watching the nerve-wracking part of a movie? Not so tense anymore! That's how I watched more than half of one movie. I can't remember the name of it, just that it had Harrison Ford in it, but without that creepy orchestra, that bad guy wasn't so scary anymore.

I know this is a pretty general thing to name, but with 354 more posts to go, I can see how I might narrow in on one song in particular someday. Right now, my current fave is "Freedom Is Here," by Esterlyn. It gives me hope and makes me dance. It's been hard to sit and type this with it looping in the background!

Thank, Lord, for this remarkable gift of music!

No comments:

Post a Comment