Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 29

I am grateful for my Kathy.

We have been pen pals for about 16 years. She lives in California, and we've never met in person. We joked about meeting on Oprah, but she went and retired, so we have to think of some other novel venue.

It's a funny thing to feel like you know someone you've never laid eyes on. I don't know if this relationship would have worked with two people who aren't patient, caring, and kindred in some essential ways. God brought us together, and He has kept us close in heart and mind ever since.

Our hearts are knit together through years of sharing our greatest joys and our deepest hurts. We have prayed and encouraged each other through the vicissitudes of life and have come to depend on this sweet, sweet sisterhood. Her presence in my life inspires a desire to be strong, brave, long-suffering, compassionate, kind, intelligent, and fun.

If you had any idea what she's been through and how she chooses Love anyway, you would embrace her as I do. And you would thank God with me for the richness and life expanse she brings to this world, and our own little worlds.

Thank You, Lord, for my Kath.

No comments:

Post a Comment