Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16


I am grateful for the sweet moments of ordinary life.

There are some moments that freeze themselves in my memory. What stands out is when they're the ordinary, often overlooked, just lived-out seconds. I "see" Jylle in profile putting her hair in a ponytail in front of the bathroom mirror. Kev is in the living room staring unblinkingly at the chopper he's operating by radio control. Ryan is playing his guitar on the basement couch, lips slightly parted, his eyes on the dancing pick. Dad sits at the dining room table, his head bowed in prayer, giving silent thanks over a bowl of cereal. My Ya-Yas eat and laugh around a beautifully set table, plates full of color and taste that is only surpassed in satisfaction by our soul-deep conversation. Moments suspended like tableaus, memories of the people I love and who love me back--they are a collage of the meaning of my life.

Someone once said, "Be grateful for the small things in life. One day you'll realize they were the big things." I realize...

And I am deeply grateful, Lord.

2 comments:

  1. I just "stumbled" upon your blog from a facebook page and read each of your 16 days so far of what you are grateful for. I LOVE IT! What a wonderful idea and it truly will keep you sensitive to all the blessing God gives us each and every day. Have a wonderful year and I will be keeping up on your life. Val Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you have a blog - I'm so excited. Now I have 16 days to play catch up. This is right up your alley, Cyndi....and such a blessing to those of us that love reading what you write ~ Kathleen L. Reams Cavender.

    ReplyDelete