Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 13

I am grateful for my Cheryl.

On this Friday the thirteenth, superstitiously bad day for luck, it was my good fortune not only to get a phone call from, but have a super long conversation with, my "Ya-Ya Cheryl." The convo began with a bit of catching up and then blossomed into what turned out to be a great gift to both of us.

We both want a friendship with someone who is honest, forthcoming, and will call us on our junk. I think that's what most people want, but are too afraid to ask for it and/or offer it. There has to be a foundation of trust and respect, and I have that with her.

She has been through a lot and is still going through much, but I am blessed by the truths she shares with me. I realize anew that we must not neglect popping through the hedge to visit one another lest it grow together and hinder the gateway.

It was perfect timing for the call, a perfect present that we will unwrap and enjoy for the rest of this day. And maybe even the next few.

Thank You, Lord, for this precious soul.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Thank you! I love the picture of the hedge and hate the thought of it growing together. Here's to many more years of popping through!! Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete