Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5


I'm grateful for my Jylle.

From the day she was born, she has filled my life with wonder, joy, fun, and "preciousness." As the youngest, she'll be the one to launch us into an empty nest. I'm savoring this senior year, and I find myself appreciating so many moments. Most are ordinary, but I am present to them. They will become rarer next school year, as I am keenly aware. There are hundreds of things I will miss, the sound of her voice everyday at the top--"Mommy!" for one.

I heard it said once that your favorite child is the one who needs you at the moment. I don't know about the favorite part, but as a daughter, I know that I needed my mom until the unexpected day that I lost her. Jylle and I have the friendship I always hoped to have with my grown daughter, and I cherish it. She is quite the loveliest creature I have ever known, and the Lord has given her His own sweet Spirit.

Thank You, Lord, for my Jambeanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment