Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 22

I am grateful for compassion.

Many caring hearts reached out to me at the anniversary of my mom's death. Some sent letters, emails, e-cards, and others phoned. Facebook friends and family rose up with their comments and messages, some of which I passed on to my dad. All were full of not just sympathy or even empathy, but a thorough compassion. I love you they said, meaning it.

All presented the Love that carries me, Whose power sustains me, and Whose grace gives meaning to my life. These lovely souls have been braces when I was crippled, breath when I was suffocating, wings when I had no feet. They are the Body here on earth, grieving with those who grieve and rejoicing with those who rejoice. Their compassion buoys me, and by the compassion I have received, I hope to offer the same to any broken heart who happens my way.

Thank You, Lord, for authoring Compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment