Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 30

I am grateful for Leonardo.

I always wanted a gray tabby with sea green eyes, and when Kev came home with one almost 15 years ago, I held him up for examination, set him down on my lap, and said, "Thank you." I then swatted him off the kitchen counter when he jumped up, breaking his little kitty leg. I felt wretched that he had to wear a little kitty cast, so I walked around with him on my left shoulder all the time. To this day, it's his favorite place to hang out. He will even stare at it longingly as if it's cheesecake. It's kind of creepy.

He's not really good for anything but decoration and the occasional cuddle, but I think he's beautiful, and he's really tolerant, even of the little ones who visit once in a while. Just don't pet his tummy, or he'll make you bleed. (Sorry, Jamie...) I hope he lives forever.

Thank You, Lord, for my lovely cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment