Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 23

I am grateful for leisure.

We're in the middle of snow season here, and while my natural reflex is to complain every time it snows because of the danger and inconvenience it presents, I do appreciate the lessened load of activity. We have less daylight, so we have less that can be done outdoors. There are more hours to kick back and just hang out together, more time to do more sedentary indoor things that we put off to attend the more pressing summer demands.

Mind you, I'm not terribly driven in the first place. I do what I need to do and more if it that's what it takes, but I'm an otter at heart, and I love to have fun, looking to take even the most mundane tasks to the level of Fun if I can. I'm a moderate in the work zone--not lazy, but not an overachiever. In keeping with my makeup, I'm productive enough, but I'll never be accused of being a workaholic. These winter days provide a welcome and necessary respite from the nearly constant requirements that warm weather brings. It is rest for my body and my soul.

Thank You, Lord, that there is value in leisure, as there is in work.

No comments:

Post a Comment