Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 311

I am grateful for my cousin, Aida, and her husband, Steve.

She's always laughing and making others laugh. She is zany, kind, generous, thoughtful, and miles of fun. She loves to cook, so her home is always filled with all kinds of great things to eat. Holidays and parties send her to the moon, so she's in heaven whenever she can serve up heaps of food, all delicious because the main ingredient is love.

I have great memories of spending time with her in the Philippines when I was about seven or eight. She would come over, and we'd jump on the bed, sing-songing tunes from commercials. She would be my translator when we would visit family since I didn't know the language. If I told her I liked something of hers, she'd give it to me, so I had to learn how to compliment without triggering her generosity muscle.

Steve is one of the most hard-working conscientious, helpful human beings on the planet. He set things up for Aida's family to move to Texas and has been an all-around tremendous help. He laughs easily, and it's often at his own expense. He's also a terrific sport.

Austin is way too far from here. I miss you, my precious cousin. You and all your wonderful family. Come back soon, k? Bless her on this, her birthday.

Thank You, Lord, for my wunnerful Aida and Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment