Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 330

I am grateful for the work of Brenè Brown.

Dr. Brown is a researcher in the fields of vulnerability and shame. I was compelled to listen to every word. The topics are novel to me, two things I have never dwelt on, but rather avoided considering altogether. 

This is an excerpt from one of her TED talks:

"If we’re going to find our way back to each other, vulnerability is going to be that path. And I know it’s seductive to stand outside the arena because I think I did it my whole life and think to myself, “I’m going to go in there when I’m bulletproof and when I’m perfect,” and that is seductive. But the truth is, that never happens, and even if you got as perfect as you could and as bulletproof as you could possibly muster, when you got in there, that’s not what we want to see. We want you to go in, we want to be with you and across from you, and we just want for ourselves and the people we care about and the people we work with, to dare greatly."

Daring Greatly is her newest book, and it hit number one on the New York Times bestseller list last month. I'm listening to her podcasts, working my way through from the oldest. Fascinating material and so far, worth the time.

Thank You, Lord, for this intriguing research.

No comments:

Post a Comment