Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 335

I am grateful for light traffic.

Having been countrified for years now, I am spoiled by a complete lack of traffic lights for miles and miles. There are none in the closest town, and the next nearest has one. I find myself sighing when I have to wait at even that one.

Hitting one green light after another is like winning at a slot machine, or at least what I think it's like as I have never been to a gambling establishment. Bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, I WIN! A car way ahead of me and a car way behind me is what I consider light traffic. Okay, maybe a car or two in one direction or the other, but no more than that.

I got rear-ended two weeks ago, so I'm especially thankful when I encounter few cars on the road. I look at a week of body work and at least three chiropractor visits to get back to normal. The main city drag is just that, a drag to drive, which is where I got hit. Nobody likes traffic, much less heavy traffic, so while this may be a no-brainer thanks, it is sincere.

Thank You, Lord, for light traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment