Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 329

I am grateful for being able to stay at home.

I loved my job in human resources, and I was content with the job I had with an investment company, the last regular job I held. The privilege of being able to stay at home with my kids and be there for them after they were old enough to go to school is something I never took for granted. A lot of families just scrape by, and unemployment is not an option. We made sacrifices to live on one income, and we have never regretted it.

Now, in our empty nest home, I am still thankful for not having to get a job. I do sub in the school district once in a while, but pretty infrequently. Mostly, I hold down the fort and continue pretty much the same chores I had when the kids were here. We have a pretty conventional arrangement, me with household chores and Kev with outside ones, but it suits us, and we're happy with it.

Thank You, Lord, for this blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment