Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 324

I am grateful for The Lord of the Rings.

I know probably the least about this classic saga than anyone else who loves it. I read the books years ago, and then fell deeply in love with the epic tale all over again when the movies came out.

Julie and I went to see The Fellowship of the Ring, and we bawled at the end. We sat entwined in our seats while the theatre drained of viewers. She had just lost her husband in a car accident, and the story was a bitter analogy of her, as Frodo Baggins, setting out on a journey she never intended. As her Samwise Gamgee, I would never leave her side and adventure with her no matter what. The story is wide and deep and full of allegory and just some of THE best storytelling ever. Julie gifted our family with the extended box set of each film the Christmas after they each came out on DVD. They remain one of our family's very most favorites.

Thank You, Lord, for this tremendous story.

No comments:

Post a Comment