Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 331


I am grateful for Lori.

She and I met when we moved across the road from her family. We were nine. My brother, Terry, had already met her and kept urging me to meet her as well, but I was shy and wouldn't do it. She came over one day and introduced herself, and the rest is history.

We have some silly memories, like marching with our arms around each other, chanting in unison, "I hate YOU! I hate YOU!" We have endearing memories, like when she called to tell me that if her baby was a girl, she wanted her middle name to be Cynthia.

She lives in Nevada and has for most of her life. I haven't seen her in years, but I know that if she were to walk in my house right now, we would pick up right where we left off, just like we always have. There is something about a childhood friend that just keeps you friends forever. It's like, "If she was my friend when I was a dumb little twit, she'll stay my friend until I die." I miss her and will love her always. Bless her on this, her birthday.

Thank You, Lord, for my Lori.

No comments:

Post a Comment