Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 319

I am grateful for "The Princess Bride."

I loved everything about this movie the first time I ever saw it. I loved the actors, the plot, the humor, and the novelty. I don't usually like physical comedy, but I couldn't stop laughing after Buttercup falls haphazardly down the hillside. I appreciated how the tale is unpredictably interrupted by the little boy with questions or objections. I am probably familiar with lines from this movie more than all others combined:

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die

Miracle Max:  Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya:  What's that?
Miracle Max:  Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

Vizzini:  No more rhymes now, I mean it!
Fezzik:  Anybody want a peanut?

"You mocked me once, never do it again! I died that day!"

"To the pain."

I had no idea until a few years ago that it's a nerd movie, a movie that nerds know and love. I don't know how I feel about that, but it's one of my favorites, and if that makes me a nerd, then so be it. There are worse things I could be.

Thank You, Lord, for this entertaining classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment