Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 320

I am grateful for prayer.

To know that I have a direct line to God is awesome, and that's a word I never use except to describe Him. I don't have to wait in line, pick up the phone, fill out a form, or ask someone to give Him a message. Think the words, and bam, He hears them. He even knows them before I form them. Prayer is one of the most powerful forces in our arsenal, available to all for the intercession on behalf of ourselves and others.

I am a creature of bad habits, so I do most of the talking. It's easier to ask Him for all kinds of things than to sit and wait for Him to speak. But whose voice would I rather hear? If you have ever experienced that settling of His words in your mind, you know what I'm saying. You know that wasn't your imagination or genius. That was God. That was prayer. That was communion. I yield my spirit to His, and I have an open Heaven.

Thank You, Lord, for the power and pleasure of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment