Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 36

I am grateful for sunshine.

This is a fairly recent development. The weather has never really affected my mood, which is rather influenced more by circumstances. My husband is the one who whoops and hollers, does a happy dance, and goes on a number of times about how beautiful it is whenever the sun is out. I have come to realize, however, that I find myself cheerier and more positive on a brilliant day, like everything will be all right.

I didn't take this picture and don't know who did (I just borrowed it from the 'Net), but I appreciate this flower facing the sun full-on, soaking up its warmth and needing its light for life. I enjoy the analogy of "sun" and "Son." I'm reminded of lyrics from "I Look to You" by Whitney Houston: I look to You, I look to You, and when melodies are gone, in You I hear a song. I look to You.

Thank You, Lord, for this blazing, radiant, sustaining star.

No comments:

Post a Comment