Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 39

I am grateful for Beansie.

Kev made up the name "Jyllea" when I was pregnant with my third child, by playing a little "name salad" as we tried to figure out what to name her. She was the only one who has ever had that name, to our knowledge, until four years ago.

Our young friends called to tell us the news of the birth of their second child, and he said, "We have something to ask you. We would like to name her Jillea if that's okay with you." I was speechless and just started crying. A name is an essential part of who you are, and it is a great honor for someone to want something so personal.

Now we have "my Jylle," and we have "little Jilly." She was only two in this picture, and she's doubled her age since then. She's here today (napping now), and I woke up realizing once again, It will not always be like this. She'll probably start school in the fall of 2013, and I won't get this chance to spend time with this bright, energetic, heart-hugging little pixie doll. I haven't watched her brother since he started school two years ago. I am thankful for the reminder to savor this time and marinate in it while I can. She is a precious little treasure.

Thank You, Lord, for Beansie.

No comments:

Post a Comment