Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 41

I am grateful for Jeny.

This is my older brother's daughter. She was the first person to make me an aunty, and I have always adored her.

When she was little, I would read fairy tales to her from the same large volume that I grew up with, and we still have a special affinity for "Little One Eye, Little Two Eyes, and Little Three Eyes." I wish we lived closer so that I could read it to her little ones.

This is one strong, intelligent lady. She has four bright kids she home schools, involving them in local and regional projects that have enabled them to go on to the national level in competition. She has too many physical issues for someone so young, but remains cheerful and positive in the face of them, speaking about them only when someone else asks about them.

She is sweet, kind, thoughtful, generous, and as I mentioned already, strong and intelligent. Her faith, love, and good humor are examples for her children, who will rise up and call her blessed.

Thank You, Lord for my Jen, and bless her on this, her 35th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment