Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 42

I am grateful for Doreen.

Kev's brother Mel married Doe about four years after we were married. She has always been a vibrant, energetic, thoughtful soul, and I've always looked up to her.

She poured everything she had into her two kids, which I always admired and could never seem to emulate with the same easy grace. Now that energy and love are lavished on others' little ones at the preschool where she works. I wonder if their parents have any idea the caliber of care and attention their children are receiving.

As we hammered out the last details of our trip to Vancouver together for Aunt Ila's birthday party, she asked us what we wanted for lunch. She was going to bring food not only for the three of them, but for the four of us as well. She also bought a card and signed "From every single one of us Mulligans" at the bottom. She makes me want to love bigger, give better, and live out loud with open arms. I am humbled and inspired by her life.

Thank You, Lord, for this incredible sister of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment