Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 49

I am grateful for my "sis," Barb.

From the time I met her, she attributed an incredible value to our friendship. Shortly afterward she started calling me "Sis," and she loves it when people ask us if we're really sisters. "Yes!" is always her response. "Don't we look alike?"

This golden-hearted girlfriend's generosity is only surpassed by her deep respect for human life. She was an EMT and eventually became a nurse, only to be promoted pronto as soon as they saw what they had. As incredibly skilled as she is in the business world, her passion lies with the kind and thorough treatment of needy patients. Her disdain for those who would treat them as profit makers is equally proportionate.

One of the things we love to do we call a "coffee quest." We like to try a different coffee shop when we get together to play, and we've come across some dives as well as some keepers. We meet in town, and she drives. She always pays too since I "drove all the way from Canada.

She loves my kids, and I know she feels a certain investment in them, which is completely endearing. She makes me want to be the person she thinks I am, and that's about as good as a friend gets. Her intelligence, compassion, reason, generosity, beauty, and charm mark her as a priceless encouragement and inspiration in my life. That she calls me Sis is a high honor.

Thank You, Lord, for my Barb.

No comments:

Post a Comment