Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 38

I am grateful for knitting.

I only just learned how this Christmas season, so I'm not very good and have to look things up on youtube, but I managed to make my first scarf. I love the colors, and it's really soft. Jylle helped me get started and was a huge encourager when I'd run into a snag or didn't understand something.

It was only after looking into how to knit that I realized there is an entire subculture out there. There are knitting clubs, groups, conventions, chat sites, meetings, books, videos, magazines, catalogs, and some totally loyal, enthusiastic fans. My daughter-in-law has introduced me to a whole new world. I probably won't go beyond scarves and hats, but it's a pastime I feel good about, a limitless medium for creativity in texture and color.

Thank You, Lord, for needles and yarn.

1 comment: