Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 106

I am grateful for knives.

My mom loved knives. She had one in every room. Every room. She had such a dizzying assortment, from the little 2-inch cutie I keep in my coat sleeve pocket to the Negrito knife with its twists and barbs that Ryan now owns.

I'm sure I got my affinity for knives from my mom, but my taste is simple. My favorite is this little one from Cutco that Kev gifted to me about ten years ago. It's ergonomically perfect for my hand, and it never gets dull. It even accidentally went with me on four flights to and from Texas last summer buried at the bottom of a purse pocket. Oops.

While I don't have one in every room, I do keep one in my work coat pocket and my purse. They've come in handy a thousand times.

Thank You, Lord, for the beauty and purpose of this simple tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment